The Switzerland County Sheriff’s Office is authorized by the State of Indiana to hold foreclosure sales within Switzerland County. As per Statute, the Sheriff’s Office holds regular Sheriff’s Sales on county and town properties. To facilitate this we have the following information for Sheriff Sales:
- Notices are published in the Vevay Newspaper on Thursday
- All Sheriff’s Sales are held at 11:00 a.m. on the stated date in the front lobby of the Sheriff’s Office.
- Legal Descriptions are posted on this website as well as being posted in the Vevay Newspaper and at the back entrance of the Switzerland County Courthouse and the front lobby of the Sheriff’s Office.
- The Sheriff’s Office does not warrant the accuracy of the street address published on the Notice of Sheriff Sale.
The Sheriff’s Office has the following procedures in place to conduct an orderly sale:
- You must be present in order to bid on any property.
- The bank will start the bidding and verbal bidding will follow.
- Do not bid if you are unsure about property.
- If taxes are due on the property, it will be announced at the Sheriff Sale that day before opening for bids.
- Bank Certified Checks or Cash are the only forms of payment accepted at the sale.
- Payment in full is due at the time of the sale.
|SHERIFF SALE INFORMATION|
|STATUS||COMMON PROPERTY ADDRESS||SALE DATE||SALE AMOUNT|
|Sold||314 Florence Hill Road, Florence, IN 47020||2/4/2014||34,192.00|