Interested in Becoming a 911 Communications Operator?
Switzerland County Sheriff’s Office is looking for qualified applicants who are interested in a rewarding career as a 911 Emergency Dispatcher
– Do you have a desire to help others in emergency situations? – Are you a person with the ability to make decisions under pressure? – Are you looking for an unusual, yet rewarding career?
If the answer is “YES” please keep reading:
Switzerland County Sheriff’s Office is now hiring for the position of second shift dispatcher.
Operate radio, telephone and computer equipment at our emergency response center. Receive reports from the public on crimes, disturbances, fires and medical or police emergencies. Provide medical instructions to callers as needed. Relay information to law enforcement and emergency response personnel.
Training, Education, and Experience
– Must be a high school graduate.
– Must be able to obtain and maintain Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
– Must successfully complete the IDACS operator course, including passing a nationwide criminal history check.
– Must successfully complete the PowerPhone Emergency Medical Dispatch Course.
– Be willing to work 12-hour rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
– Have the ability to multitask.
– Be able to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
– Be resourceful and respond well to pressure situations.
– Have exceptionally strong computer skills.
– Work cooperatively with other agencies.
– Have exceptional speaking and active listening skills.
– Be dependable/reliable.
– Perform other related duties as needed.
The job offers full benefits including health insurance, paid vacation, and sick leave.
The approximate starting rate is $17+ per hour, depending on training or experience.
You can pick up an application in the lobby of the: Switzerland County Sheriff’s Office 405 Liberty Street Vevay, Indiana 47043
If you would like an application e-mailed to you, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org